CTFC vs Maldon & Tiptree

December 4, 2021
Score: 2 - 2

Match Report

The Seedgrowers went into their home fixture against Maldon & Tipree in search of three points, as the Jammers sat in 8th – 2 places above the reds in the league table.

The game kicked off at three o’clock as Coggeshall got off to a flying start. A piercing early attack aimed for Teniola’s feet, but the Maldom defence had caught up to the forward, thwarting what otherwise could have opened the scoring, just minutes into the game. The away side’s Frankie Terry was booked early on in the 10th minute for a distasteful challenge, soon after Maldon were caught off guard as a sudden switch in play meant that the shotstopper had to lunge to save the effort.

Maldon soon made their way back into the swing of things as the only thing stopping them from taking the lead was a poor strike, that was half-heartedly swung over the crossbar.  Maldon’s frustration became quickly evident as a flurry of fouls against the Seedgrowers were made. It wasn’t long after however, that the reds had gained their lead through Alex Teniola, who was starting to find his feet here at Coggeshall – the superb goal was made through a mesmerising pass from Jermaine Francis.

Not long after, Teniola’s attempted scissor kick would draw just shy of the goal as it landed past the post – Home fans were not dissapointed for long though, as Skubich capitalised on yet another fantastic assist from Francis, as the youngster doubled the lead. The Jammers then struck the crossbar with a belting strike, and claimed the ball had bounced over the line – the referee disagreed. Maldon soon after got a goal back through Barnwell, as he claimed the finish following a scrappy attempt from the away side. Cafer then did very well to cut out a following attack, however was forced to seek medical attention following the move. Just short of the whistle, Maldon believe themselves to have drawn level, just before the linesman rules the attempt offside.

Half time: Coggeshall Town 2 – 1 Maldon & Tiptree

Maldon looked to the bench at half time, as previously cautioned Frankie Terry was replaced by Napa Malachi. The Seedgrowers had seemingly dropped in momentum at the start of the second half, as they began to really struggle under pressure. Tariq Issa replaced Lewis Byrne-Hewitt just short of the sixty minute mark. George Cocklin was booked after a number of offences, as the reds seemed to quickly lose grip of their lead and possesion.

Oluwatimilehin was substituted for Ifeanyi seventy minutes into the fixture, as the Jammers looked to seize the opportunity to equalise. Wholas-Spencer then made his #Seedgrowers debut from the bench as Kudos Oyenuga made way for the former-Romford man. Maldon had really gained control of the tempo at this point, and in order to combat the increasing pressures that the away side were enforcing, Coggeshall looked to the bench for a third timw as Harry Critchley made way for Jayden Gipson. A rocket of a strike from Teniola was denied through yet another quality save from Maldon’s number one.

Finally, after looking like scoring all half, the Jammers sent home an injury time winner as Napa Malachi finalised what was an extremeley frustrating half for Coggeshall. The points were shared at the final whistle as the Seedgrowers did well to hold onto a draw in those final minutes.

Full time: Coggeshall Town 2 – 2 Maldon & Tiptree


Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank