CTFC vs Barking

October 30, 2021
Score: 3 - 2

Match Report

Karl Duguid and Stuart Nethercott took their first home game in charge together on Saturday afternoon as the Seedgrowers welcomed Barking FC to West Street. The Town were quick out the blocks with high pressure as Sam Bantick put us in front within 5 minutes of the three o’clock kick-off. Soon after Barking managed to get a few chances away as their midfielder drilled a strike just wide of Matthew Cafer’s left goal post.

Despite a number of harsh decisions going against the Seedgrowers, they seemed to be in full control of the game, proving so with a 26th minute headed finish from Jayden Gipson, who had met the ball from a nicely swung in free kick by Tariq Issa. The half became slightly heated as a few cautions were given to captain George Cocklin, Josh Pollard and Barking’s George Purcell. Barking looked set to equalise at the end of the first forty-five, only to be stopped by Milo Grimes who cleared the determined ball off the Seedgrowers goal line.

HALF TIME: Coggeshall Town 2 – 0 Barking

Barking made two half time changes with the likes of Osaretin Otete and Sakariya Hassan taking the places of both Junior Konadu and Charlie Heatley. The away side soon after got a goal back through subsitute Hassan as he made an instant impact on the game. Just ten minutes later George Purcell drew Barking level as a disheartened Coggeshall side felm victim to a lapse in concentration. Sebastian Towes then replaced Barney Williams at full back as the yellows used their final change of the afternoon.

Barking soon after broke through on goal again as Matt Cafer came out on top in the one-on-one, keeping the scoreline level. The heated game was not short of cards as a flurry of bookings seemed to fill the remainder of the half. Tariq Issa was substituted for Isaac Skubich as the Seedgrowers looked for the winning goal. Bantick soon after rolled the ball round the goalkeeper only to be caught up with by a quick off the mark Barking centre-half, as they managed to end the attack after a scrappy attempt made by the reds.

Jermaine Francis then came to the rescue, with an eighty-third minute winner following on from a defensive slip from the away team, slotting home the loose ball, as the delighted crowd cheered for the on-form youngster. Isaac Skubich then entered the pitch as he replaced Sam Bantick, who had performed brilliantly again. As the final whistle drew closer, Barking made their last attempt as Matthew Cafer was once again forced to make a crucial stop to ensure the Seedgrower’s victory.

FULL TIME: Coggeshall Town 3 – 2 Barking

NO.16 21/22 BARKING

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank