CTFC vs Felixstowe & Walton United

September 11, 2021
Score: 2 - 1

Match Report

After a week’s break from league action, the Seedgrowers had gone into our league tie against Felixstowe well rested and in search of three points. The game started off with a number of promising runs from the Town, who looked like a completely different side compared to their last fixture. A good few chances and a number of corners showed that Coggeshall were looking dangerous, but were not without trouble from their opponents, as the away side forced Matthew Cafer to tip a vollied effort over the crossbar. Felixstowe once more found themselves with a good opportunity as a one-on-one against Cafer was dashed away.

A number of chances for the Seedgrowers came and went as a fantastic throughball met Ethan Kessel, but Felixstowe’s goalkeeper made a comfortable save to keep the scoreline level. Once again Sam Bantick found himself in on goal, but was fruitless as the ball offered itself at a difficult angle to the forward. It wasn’t long before the number nine had made his mark as he struck the back of the net with a well worked strike. Despite the finish, a jubilant Coggeshall side found themselves panicked as the Seasiders drove towards their 18 yard box. A lunging tackle on the Felixstowe forward saw them awarded a free kick, which was unfortunately deflected into the Coggeshall net just seconds before the half time whistle.

HALF TIME: Coggeshall Town 1 – 1 Felixstowe & Walton United

The even scoreline at the break saw both sides look to towards the bench to make their substitutions. The Seedgrowers brought on both Ernest Okoh and Thomas Northwood who replaced Harry Critchley and Ethan Kessel, who had both performed very well. The away side’s captain, Samuel Nunn was booked soon after for a distasteful challenge in the final third. Tyler Christian-Law then came on for George Cocklin, as the Seedgrowers powered forward.

Not long after, a delightful longball from Matthew Cafer met the Seedgrower’s front line, as Jermaine Francis hit the ball home with just ten minutes left on the clock. The young lad had worked hard all game and the home fans were delighted to see him get his first goal for the club. As the away side searched for an equaliser, they became seemingly frustrated, picking up two yellow cards. Coggeshall then saw the game out with a superb, calm and collected defensive display, completing their first win of the league campaign. A noteworthy performance from Jermaine Francis could not be forgotten by fans, however the entire team effort could also not go unnoticed as the Town’s frankly remarkable exhibit surely put a smile on the face of all fans of the Seedgrowers.

FULL TIME: Coggeshall Town 2 – 1 Felixstowe & Walton United


Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: WP Frank